Although printing Webi documents in SAP Business Objects 4.x is easy, most users will export the data to have a soft copy of the report. If you want to know more about exporting data, please read the blog post on Exporting Data from Webi. However, when you do want to print a Web Intelligence report, the data is first processed through PDF before printing.
Printing Webi documents in SAP Business Objects 4
- To print a Webi document, first run the report from the BI Launch Pad.
a. You can run the report by double-clicking the report title, or
b. You can run the report by using a right-click on the report title, then selecting View from the short-cut menu.
- Next, locate the Print icon on the tool bar.
a. In Reading mode, this button is in the first group of icons.
b. In Design mode, the icon is located above the left panel.
- Click the Print icon and Webi will process the entire document as an export to PDF. You will be presented with the usual export dialogue box with choices to Open, Save, or Cancel the file.
- Select Open to review the report. (Alternatively, at this point you could select Save to create a PDF file for use later.)
- Looking at the PDF before printing a Webi report is always a good idea. If the report has more than one report tab, Webi will ‘bookmark’ each report tab in the PDF, which is very convenient for navigating through large reports.
- Next, print directly from the PDF file by clicking the Print icon. You can also choose which pages to print in the print dialogue box if you do not want to print the entire report.
That wasn't hard, was it? So, how often do you or your users anticipate printing Webi documents versus exporting them to a soft copy?
Next stop in this Business Objects Basics series...
Tune in to the next post where we will walk through Scheduling Webi documents.